Skip to main content

It's about time...

For an "Unfinished" finish! What? Yes, the "Unfinished Reproduction I" sampler by HomespunElegance is now a frame and finish.

Let's back up a bit...some years ago, far too many than one can count...a friend stitched and framed this piece as a gift. Lucky me! It's always been a favorite and has a predominant place on the dining room wall, catching the eye of several. I always believe, in addition to the sampler, they are drawn to the aging and over dyeing of the linen itself. It was only appropriate the person who stitched this for me should receive in kind....such an enjoyable stitch. Although the aging process was some what frightening...perhaps not as much as purchasing an antique sampler only to find out later it was not an antique. Isn't it amazing how just about anything can be aged?! The second stitching and aging a breeze! The third and most recent was also a quick stitch but the aging process was dreaded. So much so the sampler was given as a birthday gift in 2008 and just now framed...she is so patient. A little coffee, kitchen bouquet, matches and
sand paper is all one needs for aging.


Can you believe she found her own frame? No not custom, probably from a thrift store or garage sale. A little paint and it's perfect! She has such an eye for great frames.

Not my favorite photo but a truer look of the actual color.
You're so right Jewel, "it is about time"!

Comments

KarenV said…
That's a lovely sampler! I really like Pennsylvania sampler motifs. Nice job!
Andrea said…
Wow, it's gorgeous! I love all of that aging that has been done, just wonderful!
I am utterly astonished. This is ... amazing!
Anonymous said…
now that is one beautiful sampler... and i happen to love looking at it every time i walk into my hallway!! it was worth the wait for sure. p&l
Kim said…
Very beautiful and old looking, you are an amazing sampler needle worker!!!!! A sweet gift for your "Jewell" of a friend. Did I ever tell you my Mom's name was Jewell????
Sherry :o) said…
love the aging - I'd be scared to do that...never have.

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?