Skip to main content

What does it mean...


"Home is Where the Heart Is"? We hear the saying often, yet what does it mean to each of us? Returning from Mexico, the definition has changed for myself. I've loved every visit to this country and it's beaches...but this year, I left a little of me and what touched my heart behind. Sentimental "things" were stolen by someone whom I sure had little to no heart.

I always thought I would live there some day...probably only a dream. I love Mexico and it's people...that will not change. I am saddened by my loss, however, I'm going to think of it as leaving a piece of my heart at home in Mexico. After all, I returned to a loving husband, friend and grandgirls who will surely listen to my woes for a few days. Thank you too for listening, I know now...

My heart is my home...keeper of all memories...who can take that away?


Comments

Jan said…
Wow, Joy what beauty in your words. I still have goosebumps....yes, our hearts are our homes, as long as those memories aren't taken away by feebleness of the mind. Keep your memories close and cherish them. What a beautiful picture to add to your poetic prose.

Have a most wonderful week!
Hi Joy,
I am so sad for your loss. It is just awful when people can steal away what is so dear to us. These are the people who have no heart, and it is truly their loss. I'm happy though that you are safely home.
Fondly,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
plainfancymerchant.blogspot
barbara said…
Very thoughtful post. I'm sorry that some of your things were stolen.
Margaret said…
What beautiful words. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Kim said…
I am sorry to hear someone stole something precious from you~ it so hurtful, yet the other person thinks nothing of it....so hard to understand why? Sending you happy thoughts!
ohiofarmgirl said…
Just remember that our true home is in Heaven...and until then we will have a continual longing to be there...our real home. Dianntha
Siobhán said…
Oh gosh, I am so sorry. I don't have much worth stealing, but there are some nice things and some things that wouldn't be considered valuable that are priceless to me because of the memories attached to them. Big hugs. I am so sorry. xo

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?