Skip to main content

A Plus Day...

Not only was the temperature a plus 80 degree day last Wednesday, it was a wonderful day to meander through the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. A 300-acre garden with several small themed gardens and an emphasis on natural preservation along with hiking trails.

Never having been a fan of water gardens, this could change my thinking.

Interesting sculpture, "Vitruvian Woman",made of earth and concrete.

It was difficult not to "pocket" some of these poppy seeds.

Having had horses as a child, this sculpture was a favorite. Not sure which made me smile more, the moon and horseshoes or the fact it was called "Bill".

No particular reason to look up while hiking the trails...other than a different angle of beauty.
Beautiful weather, lovely gardens, "hiking" friend and interesting sculptures...truly a Plus Day don't you think?

Comments

Kimmie said…
Gorgeous pics!!!!!
Kim said…
Thanks for all the beautiful pictures!!! It looks like it was a perfect day~
Margaret said…
Definitely beautiful, and a beautiful day too!
Thanks for sharing your hike with us !! Pictures are so pretty! I love the water garden!
Anonymous said…
Looks like a plus!!!
Melissa said…
Definitely a Plus Day, Joy! I think I would love visiting those gardens too!
OMG that scenery is beautiful. I've never been one for being out in "nature" but those pictures are awe-inspiring.
marly said…
Thanks for the photos! Love the sculptures and the ruffled poppy.
Siobhán said…
What beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a fantastic day.

I'll email you soon--I'm being rushed off the computer by impatient teenagers!

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?