Skip to main content

JPPRPP...

Plant, a gift from a friend, came to live with me a while back. What a scary thought. Give me a plant? Did she not hear me say Annie kitty might chew on it? Did she not see the fear in my eyes? Did she not know it was only a matter of time before I would kill it?! Bloom? Oh gosh, NO, not in my hands. Well, surprise, surprise and so the story goes...


"The plant came from my parents' neighbor Margaret Powell. I got it when Margaret's electric stove was down to one burner and I had an "extra" stove in the garage. My sister and brother-in-law hauled the stove up to Margaret. Margaret wanted to pay for the stove, but I wasn't interested. We eventually bargained stove for plants. The plant in question was a plant that Margaret's husband John had brought to her. John had seen the plant in Puerto Rico when he was there during WWII. He thought that Margaret would love the plant. Since it was illegal to remove plants from the island John was able to procure a bulb or this plant that he smuggled out in his undershorts. Not knowing what the plant actually is my sister and I dubbed it the John Powell PuertoRican Penis Plant :-)"


Let's not make a fuss about the legal issue of "sneaking" a plant into the United States...after all, it was WWII. Surely, there has been much worse smuggled into this country.
Does JPPRPP have a new home?


Thank you to all who stop by...your comments are appreciated. Once again, there seems to be "blogger" issues, such as disappearing followers and posts. This too shall pass. Right?

Comments

Margaret said…
What a beautiful plant! Love the story behind it!
Nancy said…
JPPRPP looks happy! Is Moses doing okay? :-)
gracie said…
Love the story and the plant is lovely.
marly said…
Nice plant with a great name and a great story! Well worth the stove. I like that stand (?) next to it, too.
ohiofarmgirl said…
Beautiful plant...enjoy your blog!
Siobhán said…
LOL at the plant name--it looks great! I am extremely proud of myself because the five plants that the former owner of this house left with us when we bought it 3 years ago (& they moved back to Canada) are still alive. Normally it's just the Christmas cacti that manage to cling to survival in my hands.
dana said…
Your plant is lovely......but the story is better! :) I almost hate to bring pretty plants home with me cuz they know it's the "kiss of death" to be living at my home! :)

I agree with your comment about the BWaggoner sale. It was very bad this year. I purchased 3 items.....a record low. I have been known to fill up the back end of my van with treasures....certainly didn't happen this year. I sure hope this is not another sale that is tanking......we've lost so many awesome shops and shows.....what are we gonna have to look forward to?

This heat is doing me in.......and it seems we have another week of it!

Keep cool!!!!! dana

PS It was great to see you last Saturday.

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?