Skip to main content

Domino effect

Do you remember in an earlier post there was mention of numerous outside home repairs taking place here? Could the work already be into it's 7th week? Initially what started as one or two repairs has led into brick work and painting. Do you know how stressful it is to change colors after 30 years? Then painting requires inside window washing and curtain cleaning so you might as well deep clean. This guy is not a handy man, he is a true craftsman, but it is time for him to go. Yes, one can expect any type of repair to take longer and cost more, but please let there be peace and quite.
Work has gone from summer subbing, then hours cut back to no job at all! I'd say that was some domino effect! Oh well, to quote a dear friend, "energy is our only currency". Now there will be energy and time for those many projects (whether it be organizing, creating or stitching) left undone. And blogging...talk about a domino effect! Trying to capture colors and format to suit my style, while enabling in the ease of reading posts, is more difficult than need be. Changing one thing leads to so much more. Oh well...
Bring on the dominoes!

Comments

Andrea said…
Oh, I feel your pain! There are some things we'd like done around this house, but just knowing the upheaval it will bring to our lives, and the lives of our pug babies....we keep putting it off! Surely the end result will be worth it though, right?
And don't get me started on changing things for the blog...mine has stayed the same for over a year because last time I tried to change anything, almost the whole blog got wiped out!
Sometimes change is not all it's cracked up to be ;-)
Margaret said…
Home improvement projects are always tough to deal with, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've just been admiring all your patriotic stitching. Wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?