Skip to main content

Really...41 years?

In the "Era of Woodstock", some of us named our unborn children even though we were not aware of there gender. Personally, "Baby Moonglow" felt right. Knowing "she" could not walk thru life as such, Angela Christine sounded nice. Arriving at the hospital at 1 a.m. and giving birth at 4 a.m. was frightening. Never having been in a hospital, who could think what was to come. But when the nurse handed me my child, reality set in. "Congratulations, you have a son". What? Son? No, I'm having a girl! The doctor jumps in and says, "No, you definitely have a boy". Angela Christine quickly changed to Chris Alan and tears were flowing with the realization I had never even held a baby and knew nothing about little boys! The first month was shaky but by Christmas we both were doing well.



There is a reason to save everything...this ornament is hung on my tree every Christmas. Some day it will hang on the "little boy's" tree.



My dad was happy to have a grandson, the first grandchild. He and Chris bonded quickly and shared many "firsts"...walking, talking, hair cut...sad he wasn't around to see more than the teenage years.



Happy Birthday Chris...love you to the moon.

Comments

Alma Allen said…
It's almost frightening to think of having a son that is 41 years old! What a nice tribute to him. Hope his birthday was a very nice one.

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?