Skip to main content

Birthdays...

Come and go and at some point, they become only a number. I have celebrated more birthdays than seem possible. Those that know me know my love of samplers. How fortunate I am to receive not only their gift of friendship but their gifts of stitching. It's difficult to choose which ones to share, each one is beautiful...perhaps I will add more another day.





"Remembrance" sampler by Margaret Kohl. This was my very first "sampler gift". Not only was it a sampler, the antique frame was part of the gift!





"Chole Lincoln Sampler" by Sheepish Antiques. I personally framed this piece for my friend, only to have it presented to me as a birthday present later. Another wonderful frame included!





"Happy Birthday" by Blackbird Designs. I was in absolute shock to think my "jewel" of a friend would stitch such a wonderful piece after knowing me for a very short time!

Thank you dear friends for bringing joy and happiness to my birthdays and life!


Comments

Kim said…
Joy!!!! Did you just have a Birthday? My Birthday was on Feb 5th!!!! I turned 52 this year. It was so different this year for me without my Mom being here to celebrate. She would bake me a homemade Coconut Cream Pie and always tell me something about the day I was born! But Jeff and Noah gave me some extra love to get me thru.....your samplers are very beautiful.
Tara Powell said…
These are all beautiful but I think my favorite is the last one.
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?