Skip to main content

Now it's Fall...

The air is crisp, the leaves are turning and just about everyone seems to be happier. How is it the changing of season can do that to a person? Fall festivals abound in this part of the country, one of which we attended this past weekend. The annual Antiques and Apple Fest in Lexington, MO is one of our favorites. Actually, we look for pumpkins and gourds over apples. Unfortunately, pumpkins were scarce. Too many rainy days perhaps? Although there was no pumpkin and only a few gourds, there was no difficulty finding a few treasured books in our favorite shop, Blackthorn Trading Company...more on that another day.

A little Fall stitching...two from older Homespun Elegance.

"Grim Gourds" by Plum Street Samplers. Be forewarned, should you search for this pattern...wanting to leave this out longer than just Halloween (and having a thrift store frame), changes were made.
Fall, Autumn, Harvest...however you say it...enjoy!

Comments

KarenV said…
Lovely Autumn stitching!
Andrea said…
What wonderful stitching Joy!! I think I have that Homespun Elegance chart and actually started on it a long time ago but never finished. Hmm....
Yes, fall does seem to lift one's spirits. It's always been my favorite time of the year!
So many things to enjoy :)
xo
Deborah said…
Wonderful stitching! Isn't fall great?!
Sherry :o) said…
lookin' very autumn!! My fav time of year!
barbara said…
I love autumn, too! :D And your seasonal stitching is lovely!

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?