Skip to main content

Collections...

Do you have them?  Are you a collector?  What do you collect?

Going through out the house and decorating this past couple of weeks, I have taken stock of my collections. I'm not sure if I should have put so much thought into the idea of collecting.  It feels a little excessive or is it hoarding?   Most of what I have now, I love and will continue to keep.  Goodness, I have certainly collected some odd things, which I shall not admit to anyone.

A wise woman told me many years ago, if you love it and can use it in any of three different places, get it!  Had I know this earlier, I would have passed on a few items.  And some, I'm glad I did collect all those years ago.  Brown crocks and wooden bowls have become so expensive, I just look and smile and say to myself, "I didn't pay that much."

One thing for sure, collections are to be loved and cared for, not to mention, dusted.  Let me share a bit of mine...

Redware and deer.





































Santas.



















Early American pressed glass goblets.



















Sheep...



















And more sheep.



















Rubber duckies....the girls started this one!



















If you haven't guessed by now, I'm having a little fun today and being nostalgic.  Some collections have been added to by friends and family, but most importantly...the real prizes were collected on outings with my husband.  I'll share more another day.

What do you collect and will you share?





Comments

marly said…
Glad I stopped to visit before unplugging for a week. The redware and deer - fabulous! All great pieces/collections. You're right about prices. Now I wish I would have bought what I thought was too much back then.
Margaret said…
Love it! Your collections are fabulous! I collect all sorts of things. Nicholas Mosse pottery, and now Emma Bridgewater too. Angels, pincushions, -- I could go on and on.

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?