Skip to main content

Stitching. . .

Again!  You, my friends and clients, with all of your lovely stitching passing through my studio, have inspired me to pick up needle and thread.

Thank you for that and a sincere thank you to all that entrusted me with finishing their work.  The plan is...finish in the morning and stitch for myself in the evening.  Please remind me of that if you see no stitching here on occasion.

Yes, you're seeing correctly...this piece "Eleanor Rigby" by Blackbird Designs was started in 2014 and just today finished.  I hope never to take that long again.  Threads get lost, patterns misplaced and just pure chaos arises.


What are you stitching in 2016?

Comments

gracie said…
Hello....I am working on the second side of Just Nan's Singing Pin Bird and will be starting the SAL with Snowflower Diaries.
Lovely finish, Joy! At the moment, I am working on my January 1st start, One Loving Heart by Misty Hill Studio. There are many ornaments on my list for 2016. I love stitching and gifting ornaments and smalls.
Vonna Pfeiffer said…
Out of all the tribute to the Beetles...this one was my favorite and the Strawberry Fields one too :)
Perfectly lovely!
Margaret said…
Love it!! I got discouraged by the usual overdyed floss issue with Yellow Submarine -- the colors just don't look good on my version. Which is so frustrating! Hate overdyed floss. Tell those nice BBD ladies that for me. :D Beautiful finish!
Carol said…
What a pretty finish, Joy! I am so bad about finishing older projects--that is why I tend to finish as I go as I often don't get back to the old WIPs stuck in drawers!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?