Skip to main content

A Favorite

"Lucy Redd Sampler" is a reproduction sampler by Homespun Elegance which was stitched many years ago. Back in the day when I thought it necessary to keep track of the time spent in stitching. Finally, giving up counting the many stitches, it was completed! It was in the late 80's or early 90's and one of my first samplers stitched on linen...why isn't there a date on it some where?! Many samplers later, it is a good idea to "hide" your initials and date some where with in the piece. Even though it's not my design, it will always be a favorite and gives me "joy".


How does one take a photo of a framed piece with glass? Photography eludes me...back to stitching!

Comments

dana said…
Well, well, well. . . .you have jumped on board the Blogging Train....and I LOVE it!!!

I just read all of your posts and looked at every photo! You are doing a fabulous job and I am SO glad Sharyn made you do it! :)

I just returned from a quick trip to GrWood to pick up some tree lights at Old Glory. I'm certain you and Sharyn have been there. . .of course, even though I was there last Fri. for their Open House, I had to prowl through the Mall and the Mercantile AGAIN. I came out with MORE greenery and a great old book!

Thanks for leaving me a comment so I could visit. I'm going to "bookmark" you. I need to get both you and Sharyn on the sidebar of my blog....and I will! Right now, I have to get ready to go (gasp) EXERCISE!

Dana!

PS Did you go to Steve Hess' Open House? Bonnie and I zoomed by last Sat.
Kim said…
Joy! I love this sampler, I have never seen it before. The verses are so sweet. It is beautiful, as all of your needlework is!

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?