Skip to main content

Simple pleasures...

is my motto these days. Taking time off from teaching this summer has afforded me the time to enjoy each day. Who would have thought that even the mundane tasks of laundry, cleaning and organizing...I question this...would be as pleasurable as family, friends, gardening and stitching? Did I say stitching? Well, my heart is there...just haven't found that perfect project!

I've had the good fortune to renew an old friendship and to quote her..."My daily goal is to make each day a pleasant memory". If you think about it, what a simple act to obtain much pleasure.

May your days be simple and pleasurable!

Comments

Andrea said…
I've sometimes wondered if I needed my head examined because of finding pleasure in doing household chores! So it's good to know I'm not the only one ;-)
Love that heart, did you embroider that yourself? As my eyesight seems to be getting worse, embroidery is something tht appeals more and more to me.
Joy said…
No Andrea, you aren't the only one! LOL

My friend made the heart for me...I'm trying to track down the pattern, I believe it is an early Kindred Spirts.

From your stitching, I cannot tell your eyesight is at all bad! Happy Weekend!
Kim said…
The heart is so sweet, I have never done any of the stitcheries, but they are so pretty. Such a nice gift from your friend!!! Needlework gifts are the very best gifts you can ever get from a friend, very special.....

Popular posts from this blog

Bowled over...

With the thought anyone would stitch a design over and over...let alone seven times!  This is not my stitching and I normally don't share the stitching of others.  Although, I did finish the witch seven times.  No, I won't stitch a bowl of wee witches, but I would stitch more than one if I knew who the designer was. Do you stitch a design more than once?

What to do. . .

Blog, stitch, finish work?  I have no idea where to start. My world is spinning with change.  Trying to keep up and not knowing where to start.  Turning the page of the calendar was an eye-opener for sure.  2018. . .really?  Where did 2017 go, not to mention the last 3 years?! Life is what you make it and I'm going for love, joy and kindness.  Hopefully, that will include saying hello on occasion to my blog friends. How about you?  What are your plans for 2018?